Instructions for use:
- Have a convenient position either stand or sit
- Place a container with lukewarm water and the cloth nearby.
- Take the end of the cloth, while leaving the remainder in the water, and create 2-3 small folds. Now place the cloth at the root of the tongue.
- Take a sip of water and swallow the cloth. Continue slowly swallowing the cloth.
- Do not rush in this practice. It can induce vomiting reflex. If a retching sensation starts, take a break until it stops.
- Continue to swallow until 1-2 feet of the cloth remains outside.
- Perform Nauli Chalana to massage the stomach.
- Pull the cloth out carefully.
- Do not apply any force when removing the cloth.
- The practice should not exceed 25-30 minutes.
For Spiritual Aspirants:
- Provides purification and awareness of Nadis and Chakras located in the chest and throat regions, Anahata Chakra (heart), Vishuddhi Chakra (throat).
For Healthy Persons:
- Diaphragm and abdominal muscles are well exercised that helps to the practices like Asanas and Pranayama. After Dhauti, respiration becomes very smooth and easy, which allows for different yogic practices.
- Extra Bile brought out in Dhauti
- Extra mucus coating is removed
- Gastric juices and peristaltic movements are stimulated.
- Cleanses and stimulates the stomach and esophagus.
- Respiratory System:
- Remedy in asthma and cough.
* Practice Dhauti with the proper guidance of a yoga teacher.