Health Care in Yoga. Yoga nature cure health care Manufacturer From Tamil Nadu, India
It is a cleansing process related to digestive system, practised with the help of cloth, which is also highly beneficial for respiratory system.
Vastra – ClothDhauti – CleansingReference:
One should swallow slowly, as advised by the guru, a wet (piece of) cloth four fingers (approx. three inches) in breadth and fifteen cubits long, and then draw it out. This process is known as Vastra Dhauti.
H.P. II: 24
Nauli (Nauli chalana).
Precautions of Vamana Dhauti No. 3, 5, 6, 8 are also applicable to Vastra Dhauti.
1. It should be practiced in the morning in empty stomach.
2. Dhauti has influence over vaso – motor and circulatory systems as indicated by flushing of face, giddiness, heaviness in head along with headaches and tears, mucous secretions in Gastro intestinal tract and respiratory airways.
3. Inter costal muscles, diaphragm go into severe contraction (isometric) to produce heavy positive pressure. Even the muscles in the neck, face, abdomen and other parts of the body get severe contraction. After the practice, especially asthma patients should relax because the practitioner is in the state of breath holding during the practice of Dhauti.
4. Ladies should not practise during menses and pregnancy.
Benefits Of All The Three Dhautis:
“As a result of performing Dhauti (Vastra), asthma, diseases of spleen and the skin and the twenty varieties of diseases caused by excess of phlegm undoubtedly get cured”.
Hatha pradipika II – 25
One should throw out by the upper passage (mouth), the phlegm, bile and mucous. By the practice of Danda Dhauti, one can certainly get rid of the diseases of the gullet.
Gheranda Samhita I -37
This (Vastra Dhauti) cures tumour, fever, enlarged spleen, skin diseases and disorders of phlegm and bile. Day by day it brings (more and more) health, strength and growth.
Gheranda Samhita I – 40
For Spiritual Aspirants:
For Healthy Persons:
The cotton fabric in Vastra Dhauti absorbs the fluids collected in the stomach. Stomach is gently rubbed against the cloth and a sort of massage is done. Large amount of mucus and bile are brought out in Dhauti. In some cases, food particles and blood are also found. Extra mucus coating is removed and gastric juices and peristaltic movements are stimulated. Dhauti cleanses and stimulates the stomach and esophagus. Excess of bile and phlegm and other impurities are cleansed.
Dhauti has influence on individual in a positive manner so that overall system and the personality as a whole could become less irritable to the external and internal stimuli and could develop better endurance to pain. Dhautis are indirectly helping to cure the mental illness like neurosis, anxiety and depression.
* practice Dhauti with proper guidance of a yoga teacher.